Monday, July 27, 2009

Pear Plum Crisp

This week's recipe is going to be Pear Plum Crisp from the Baked cookbook, pg. 113. I haven't made it yet so no picture.

I've only had my cookbook for about a week now and have only been able to glance through it, and this is one recipe that stuck in my mind. I know crisp-type recipes are traditionally saved for autumn time, but I think it will make for a light, sweet, and tasty summer dessert! Plus, it looks really really easy and I'm all for yummy foods that are really easy. :)


Do you have any pet peeves?
Something that really bothered me while I was living in Ecuador were strangers coming up to me and telling me their opinion about or what to do with my baby. The most annoying was when they'd tell me he was cold, particularly because it was rarely ever cold there! It might be 60 degrees and they'd be bundled up in puffy winter jackets and hats. They just don't know real cold. I dared not leave the house without him wearing socks and shoes and a jacket or else I was guaranteed to get comments from people about him being cold!


Any other hobbies besides being an amazing cook?
Let's see...I enjoy going for walks, jogging, a little crafting here and there, and of course spending too much time on the interent.

What is your favorite summer activity?
In Chicago, it's spending as much time outside as possible. Lots of walks and parks. Can't do that in Arizona summers though, so growing up it was spending as much time inside or at the pool as possible.

Are you a morning or a night person?
Definitely a morning person. I'm no fun at night because I get so tired so quickly. It's no fun for my husband when we try to watch a good movie and I fall asleep! And then my days feels so much more accomplished when I can get a good early start on the morning.

Are you a go-go-go sight-seeing kind of vacationer or lie-on-the-beach-all-day kind of vacationer?
I seem to always take go-go-go sight-seeing vacations. When I visit a new place I don't want to miss anything! There are just too many cool things and places in this world to miss them!

What is your favorite store?
Target. Love that store.

What is your favorite beverage?
Strawberry lemonade, the kind with real fresh strawberries in it.

If you had to go back to school, what would your major be?
Not really sure. I always thought it would be fun to be an optometrist, I don't know why.

-Melanie W.

No comments: