Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Danielle's Disaster Sweet & Salty Cake



As I was making this (spending ALL afternoon making this), I kept thinking, "Man, this cake better be worth it." Well, it maybe would have been worth it if my cake hadn't fallen to pieces as I slid the third layer on.

So I ended up with a pile of chocolate cake crumble, instead of a gorgeous three-layer cake. It could have been any of a number of things. Maybe I didn't cook them long enough (I was worried about over cooking them), maybe I didn't let them cool long enough, or maybe, and probably the most likely reason, because I used all butter and no shortening (I hate shortening and I didn't think I had any, however I saw some in the back of the fridge as I was sliding my mess of a cake in).

But hey, it's still super tasty. Although, I will not be making this cake again...

No comments: