Friday, May 29, 2009

Melanie W.'s Burgers


(Sorry this isn't the best picture...Josh is out of town with the camera so I had to use our video camera)


Once again I couldn't find any ground meat other than beef, so mine were regular beef burgers instead. I just got the leanest I could find. I thought they were so so yummy with the zucchini and carrot mixed in! I loved the flavor, and I liked knowing I was eating a few extra veggies at the same time.

I served mine with cheddar cheese, avocado, tomato, a little mayo, ketchup, and mustard. Yummm! I didn't have any lettuce or would have added that also. I didn't have thyme or Italian seasoning, so I just added some basil and oregano. And instead of garlic cloves I just used garlic powder. My only complaint about the recipe is that the patties didn't stick together very well, but I didn't make them to impress anyone so I didn't really mind. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

No comments: