Sunday, May 3, 2009

Melanie W.'s Sloppy Joes

I love Sloppy Joes, and this was an easy, yummy recipe! I decided to use only 1 pound of ground beef, and then halved the rest of the ingredients. It made about 8 sloppy joes, enough for dinner and leftovers the next day. Perfect!

I opted to leave out the green peppers since I don't like them, I didn't add any dry mustard (didn't have any) and simmered it in a stovetop pot for about 45min (don't have a crockpot). It turned out to be the perfect consistency for my taste. I've made some sloppy joes that turn out way too thick. I liked the touch of chili powder...I don't think I've ever used it in my sloppy joes, and I liked that this recipe didn't call for a ton of ketchup like other recipes I've used. It was yummy and I'd definitely make this again.

1 comment:

acandiedapple said...

Your Joes look really good. Yummy.