Monday, May 11, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad

I love this recipe because it is really light but beware... I love to eat more of it than I need! My friend made it the other day and omitted the Oil she said it tasted fine.


3 cups cooked chicken, cut up bite size
(I use the canned chicken from Costco (just one can))
1/3 cup salad oil (I use Olive Oil)
3 Tablespoons lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 head lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces (I chop mine up with a knife)
2 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
1- 8 oz can Water Chestnuts, drained (I have never put these in before)
3/4 cup chow mien noodles
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)

I also added craisins to it. I like the sweet taste it gives every now and again.

Combine cooked chicken, oil, lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce and ginger. Marinate 1 to 2 hours. Toss lettuce, mandarin oranges, water chestnuts, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds with dressing. Servs 10-12. (That would depend on your serving sizes!)

I like to wait to add the chow mien noodles, craisins if you add them and sesame seeds till you are dishing up as the chow mien noodles go soggy.

I really like this recipe when I want something light but good!




I started baking when I was really young. I remember my mom helping us as kids make cookies and other fun things.

My favorite kitchen tool.. Hmm... there are so many I love. I think my kitchen scissors are my favorite though! You can do so much with them!

Oh my favorite spice is deffinitly Italian Seasoning! When I was in Seattle for a work Conference I went to Pikes Place Market and there is a spice shop there! I loved getting spices there they are fresh and taste SO much better!!

My favorite Cook Book would have to be the betty crocker cook book I have! I love the simpleness of the recipes.

If i could Travel anywhere it would be to scottland or South America. I want to go to South America for a month so I can work on my Spanish. Also, I think it would be pretty amazing to do some geneology on my last name! :)

If I had to change my name?? Ugg idk... I really like Katie

I currently live in Ontario, Oregon! I grew up in Hermiston Oregon about 3.5 hours from here!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This does sound yummy and refreshing! I hope I'll be able to make it.