Sunday, August 15, 2010

Maren's Refrigerator Pie

Doesn't it look kinda runny?

I had mixed feelings about my Refrigerator Pie. I liked Cami's filling suggestions better than the ones in the book and using that, and the things that were handy to me, I wound up with zucchini, ham, scallions and cheddar in my pie. A very solid and tasty mix.

I let it bake for the prescribed 35 minutes and it looked set even in the middle, rather than jiggly (as the recipe suggests it should be), and also waited the full half-hour, so I thought it would be done. But the egg mixture seemed pretty wet to me and I would have liked it more cooked, but my husband and sister liked it the way it was--so, I guess my question is, just how wet is quiche supposed to be?

The other main reaction I had was similar to one of Cami's: I liked that it has only two eggs. Not too eggy, and a nice balance overall. I think I might make it again after I do a little research on what quiche is supposed to be like. I'm also wondering if the fact that my pie crust went straight out of the freezer and into the oven affected the baking, even though according to the directions, it shouldn't.

1 comment:

acandiedapple said...

Hmm... I used a refrigerated pie crust instead of the frozen. Maybe it was the frozen crust? Bummer. I'm glad it still tasted good even though it was a bit runny.