Thursday, August 26, 2010

Catherine's Onion Dip

Hi everyone. Thanks for letting me join your cooking blog. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with my husband and four-year-old. I love to cook, and I'm looking forward to trying new recipes.

I decided to start with the onion dip. I didn't know how much a pound of onions was, but after reading the previous comments, I decided to use two large onions and hope it wasn't too much. It probably wasn't too much, but it was definitely enough.

I tried it with both veggie chips and pita chips, and honestly, I just didn't like it (I never understand how I can love all the ingredients, but not the combined result). But I've never been a big fan of onion dip, so I figured I'd get my husband's opinion. Unfortunately, he didn't like it either. He says it's too bland, and I agree. I wouldn't have thought that something chock full of onions could be bland, but it is. I don't even know what to add to it to improve it. So for me, this recipe was a flop. Oh well. On to the next!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear you didn't like it! I guess that's how it goes...

Melanie said...

I'm not a huge fan of onion dip either, so that's why I didn't make this one. Good for you for trying though!