Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cami's Creamed Corn

Let me just say it's hard to get a good picture of corn.

Corn hasn't ever a favorite of mine. I think it's because I only had canned corn growing up and when we had corn on the cob stuff got stuck in my teeth. It didn't seem worth it. Since I've been married I've made more corn on the cob because Jason really likes it. I've grown to appreciate it but this is awesome! It's all the flavor and firmness of corn on the cob without the junk getting stuck in your teeth.

I didn't have rosemary but I did buy turmeric. I am going to search out more recipes to add it to because I like the flavor. I liked having onions in it as well. I never would have thought to do that on my own.

This will definitely be a go to side dish. I served it with spinach, strawberry and poppyseed salad. It was perfect for a summer meal. Although I agree with Maren that this would be good on Thanksgiving too.

No comments: