Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Melanie W.'s Banana Chocolate Muffins


I am so so happy I decided to take the time to make these muffins! They were absolutely delicious!! I've made lots of banana bread before, but this must have had just the right combination of ingredients because they were super moist and flavorful and probably the best I've had. Two of my sisters ate some and they rated them a 10 out of 10.
I didn't have very ripe bananans, mine were just slightly ripe but I don't think it even made a difference. I omitted the espresso powder and instead added 1/2 teaspoon of both cinnamon and nutmeg, plus a dash each of allspice and ground cloves.
I also must add, it feels quite nice to be back in the States and have easy access to chocolate chips and to not have to adjust for high altitute baking! It makes a world of a difference!

1 comment:

acandiedapple said...

Those look really good! I think this was one of my favorite recipes so far. It is easy, quick and very tasty.