Monday, June 8, 2009

Cami's German Chocolate Cake


Okay, I know this is late but I finally found my cable to import pictures. I made this awesome cake yesterday and oh my goodness was it worth it. It took me a lot longer than I expected but it wasn't hard and it turned out perfectly.

Like Melanie (and I assume Danielle) I used hot water instead of coffee. I used two 9 inch cake pans instead of three 8 inch. I am longing for 8 inch cake pans. Maybe I'll put them on my Christmas list. I did the coconut filling between the two layers and on the top. I made the milk chocolate frosting for the outside. That is some good frosting. Seriously. I still have a bunch in the fridge that I can't wait to use on something else. This is probably my new go to chocolate frosting.

I had a group of 9 over for lunch today and they all gave it rave reviews. If you didn't have a chance to make this recipe I think you should. Next time you have a party or want to impress the hubby, make this cake.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Isn't the coconut filling so absolutely delicious! I love the crunchiness from the pecans and it's just the right amount of sweetness.

Max, however, won't eat the stuff. He thinks it looks "unappetizing". And he doesn't like the texture. Too bad for him. He's missing out!