Thursday, June 3, 2010

Melanie W.'s Chicken Lettuce Wraps


These were pretty good. I haven't had the PF Chang's lettuce wraps in forever it seems, so now I want those again to remember the taste! (luckily there's 1 in Albuquerque!) Anyway, I was able to find ground chicken so I used that, though I think ground turkey would taste quite similar. I added grated carrots which added nice color and texture. I didn't have the garlic and red chili paste (I did see it at the store but chose not to buy it) but I had some hot chili sauce I added. It was good. I couldn't find any white chinese noodles and they would have been nice to add. I thought about trying the Boston lettuce but I found a small head of iceberg lettuce and it was nice and crisp and a good size. My ground chicken was buy one get one free and I still have some special sauce leftover, so I'll probably be making these again very soon!

No comments: