Sunday, June 20, 2010

Danielle's Hummus

No picture, but you can look at Cami's and Maren's because mine pretty much looked the same. :)

This hummus recipe is very similar to a roasted red pepper hummus recipe that I make often, so I knew I would like it before I made it. I decided to follow the recipe and taste it before I made any changes to it (I feel a little bad that I rarely just follow recipes as written before evaluating them).

However, I did make two changes up front -- I cut the garlic to one clove because I've had bad experiences with raw garlic in hummus (the day after it turns into a garlic bomb), and I used cilantro instead of parsley because that's what I had. But other than that, I followed the recipe, I promise!

I used a fresh red pepper and roasted it myself. I just noticed that the original recipe says to use 2 - 3 fresh peppers if you're roasting them yourself, so I guess I didn't follow that part since I only had one pepper. Oops. Ok, so I didn't totally follow the recipe, but I tried!

Anyway, it tasted pretty good, and I could've happily eaten it that way. But I thought it could use more cumin, and we also added some chipotle puree because we just love chipotle. I liked it better that way, but that's just my preference.

Since this recipe is so similar to the one I use regularly, I'll probably stick with the one I've been using. But this recipe is certainly a winner. Hummus is such a great snack to keep around. It's easy to make, healthy, and filling. Love it!

No comments: