Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tomato Dumplings

So sorry for the tardiness of this post! We are in the middle of getting ready to move and it totally slipped my mind.

Here we go.

Tomato Dumplings


This is one of my all time favorite recipes!!!

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/4 C. chopped green pepper
1/4 C. chopped celery
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 C. butter
1 bay leaf
28 oz. diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. pepper

(I always add chicken shredded to make it a little "heartier" meal)
**This is the original recipe, but just so you know I always add more vegetables than what's listed here. For example, I might add carrots and zucchini, and I add more like 1/2-1 C. of the vegetables mentioned above. Because I added so many vegetables I also added more diced tomatoes.

Dumplings:
1 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. butter
2/3 C. milk
1 Tbs. parsley

Saute veggies in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Combine dumpling ingredients and drop onto tomato mixture. Cover and cook approximately 15 minutes.

SO YUMMY!!!

No comments: