Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Melanie W.'s Homemade Granola


I wasn't going to make this initially because I'm trying to clean out my cupboards and I didn't want to buy a bunch of stuff I won't use much of in the next few weeks, but when I looked at the recipe I realized I already had everything. Plus, it helped me clear out my cupboards!

The ease of this recipe makes this great- it uses ingredients most people already have on hand and can also be easily modified, it doesn't take a lot of time, and there's little mess involved. Perfect for me. I added almonds, raisins, craisins, dried apricot, and chocolate chips. I LOVED the smell it created when it was baking! I'm not a huge granola lover and therefore only eat it in small quantities so I don't see me making it very often, but it is a good recipe for when those granola cravings hit!

No comments: