Sunday, March 22, 2009

Melanie's Coconut Chicken Curry


This recipe proved to be delicious once again! It even got grandma's stamp of approval! (Josh's grandma is here visiting us this week). I think it was probably slightly better the first time I made it though. I think it is because this time I put a little too much lime juice (I used 2 limes because they were small), and the rice was not very good...too sticky. I'm the worst rice cooker! But I love the chunky vegetables and the great combination of flavors. I added more chicken broth, about 3/4 cup because I thought it would be too thick if I didn't. I used 3 Tbsp. of curry powder, but I could have used more as the curry flavor wasn't very strong. But that might be just because the Ecuador brand of curry powder isn't very strong. McCormick's or other US brands of curry powder probably have a stronger flavor. I am happy I'll have yummy leftovers to eat tomorrow!

No comments: