Monday, March 23, 2009

Lemon Lemon Loaf



This week's recipe is Lemon Lemon Loaf on Page 41 of the 'Baked' cookbook. I chose it because I really love lemon and thought this sounded like something new and different.

It didn't turn out as I had hoped, but that is my fault. I tried to get cake flour, but didn't leave myself enough time. So in the end I had to run downstairs to the Market in the Park only to find bugs crawling all over in the "pastry flour." So I ended up using all-purpose flour only.

From that point on, I was a little preoccupied and forgot to put in the melted butter (oops).

So mine turned out not as soft as I'd have liked, but I loved the tart taste. It wasn't too sweet and I will definitely try it again in the future.

Q&A:

When did you start baking/cooking?

I didn't really start trying anything until I was married and forced to. During college I lived in a sorority house that had someone to make our meals (of course I paid for it, but I kinda miss those days).

What is your favorite kitchen tool?

Just a basic wooden spoon. I find I am always in need of more.

Do you have a favorite spice?

I think it might be pepper or sugar, is that a spice?

What is your favorite book?

I really love The Count of Monte Cristo & The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Growing up I always wanted to go to Egypt to see the Pyramids. That would still be neat, but if I were going right now, I'd pick Switzerland.

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?

Nothing

Where do you currently live?

Chicago

Where are you from?

Farmington, Utah

If you could eat one thing for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

STEAK! I am a carnivore.

No comments: