Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cami's Root Beer Bundt Cake


I'm so glad Danielle chose this recipe. It seems like a weird concept but it is so good! I took Danielle's advice and used a little extra flavoring. We used to make root beer and so I had some flavoring in the cupboard. I used one teaspoon because I wasn't sure what it would do. I think if I were to do it again I would add two or three. You can definitely taste a root beer aftertaste, in a pleasant way.

I didn't add any extra flavoring to the frosting but wish I would have. I can't taste root beer in the frosting at all. It is really good though!

I highly recommend serving this cake with ice cream. It is a bit rich without it. I don't have a food processor, so I just used my KitchenAid with a whisk attachment. It turned out great. And as Danielle said, it makes tons of frosting! Lather it on thick.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you tried the root beer extract. If I make this cake again I'll try it with a few teaspoons of extract.

I actually didn't prefer the cake with ice cream. I like my chocolate cake extra rich and I thought the ice cream just distracted from the flavor of the cake. But if it tasted more like root beer I think I'd be more inclined to go with ice cream.