(This is not mine, mine looks better)
This is my favorite soup to make during the winter months.
It is basically a copy cat from the Olive Garden's Pasta E Fagioli but, after revisiting the restaurant, I have decided that this recipe is even better than theirs.
I got the original recipe from Top Secret Recipes online several years ago but have made some
1 pound mild italian sausage
1 small onion, diced
1 large carrot, julienned (1 cup) ( you can find a package of julienned carrots in the produce section)
3 ribs of celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can red kidney beans (with liquid)
1 15-ounce can great northern beans (with liquid)
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 12-ounce can V-8 juice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon dry basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
1/2 pound ditali pasta
1. Brown the sausage in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes
3. Add all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT pasta, and let simmer for an hour
4. Cook pasta separately until al dente
5. Add individual portions of pasta to each bowl you intend to serve, if you dump it all into the pot of soup it will soak up all of your broth and left-overs become much less desirable.
Sprinkle a little Parmesan on top and serve with some crusty bread.
* The original recipe calls for ground beef instead of sausage. I like the sausage because it adds flavor.
**Sometimes I add an extra can of V-8 to get more liquid. Adjust spices accordingly.
Do you have any pet peeves?
People who work in the service industry but appear to hate their jobs. I hate that.
Any other hobbies besides being an amazing cook?I like to learn anything. Recently been doing a lot of graphic design. I like photography. I like to crochet and knit some. I love to play basket ball.
What is your favorite summer activity?
Anything in the sun.
Are you a morning or a night person?
I function either way. I like my nights though.
Are you a go-go-go sight-seeing kind of vacationer or lie-on-the-beach-all-day kind of vacationer?A good mix. Some relaxing days, some go-go days.
What is your favorite store?The Buckle
What is your favorite beverage?Pineapple Soda from Uncle Joe's Jerk chicken
If you had to go back to school, what would your major be?