Thursday, October 15, 2009

Melanie W.'s Sweet Potato Mash

I don't normally like sweet potatoes, but these were good because the flavor wasn't too strong with the regular potatoes mixed in. I roasted 4 regular potatoes, but only used 3 because four seemed like too much. I baked for 2 hours at 35o degrees, and it was perfect for the sweet potatoes which I halved, but I had left the regular potatoes whole and they were still undercooked. So I had to cut them open a bit and I baked them another 30 minutes or so at 400 degrees. That helped, but I think I would rather start by cutting them into chunks next time. In the end my carrots were still very crunchy, so don't know what happened there. Right now I'm staying in a weakly furnished apartment, so I don't have a hand mixer and I had to go buy a masher to mash these. I didn't mash the onions with it because I didn't think they would mash well. Instead, I just poured in the juice/oil from my roasting pan to add more onion flavor. In the future I will surely use a hand mixer because I loved my potatoes whipped! My end result still turned out ok and they were really yummy!!

No comments: