Saturday, September 26, 2009

Melanie W.'s S'more Nut Bars


I made these a couple weeks ago for make-up week, but forgot to post about it. oops. :)
I stuck pretty close to the recipe, but based on past comments I modified it just a bit. The chocolate was 3/4 milk chocolate and only 1/4 dark chocolate. I could have used a little higher quality chocolate to make it taste better but the grocery store I went to only had some cheap stuff. I used the mini marshmallows because I wasn't excited about having to chop up big mashmallows. I think I added a lot more than needed, and also added some on top to make it look yummier. Once it was all put together I threw the whole thing in the oven on broil for just a few minutes in order to get the marshmallows a little melty and roasted looking, like real smores.
I liked these alright, but thought they were too rich and didn't taste like real smores. I think the peanuts messed up the flavor too, but if there weren't any peanuts I think it would be too chocolaty. I made this for my dad's birthday and he didn't give a yay or a nay, so for him that probably meant he didn't like them. I don't think I'll make them again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not in the Baked club (maybe when I have more time...) but I made these a couple of weeks ago and thought they were good, but the peanuts were not very smore-y, I agree. Yours look great - even better with the mini marshmallows on top!