Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Danielle's Braised Lamb & Sweet Potato Mash


I loved the sweet potato mash! I like that it had a mix of veggies in it, and the onion and garlic really added a lot to the overall flavor. We used a potato masher and left it coarsely mashed (with just butter - no cream), and I loved the texture. It made a ton so we had it again with dinner a couple nights later. It was just as good the second time around. Roasting has definitely become my cooking method of choice. No more boiling potatoes! I think this is going to be my go-to recipe for mashed potatoes.

We also made the leg of lamb. As LuAnn said, the lamb was pricey at $20 (from Costco), but that was for almost 5 lbs of meat. So we cut it in thirds and froze the other two-thirds to use another time. So really, just over $6 for four people isn't bad (although we actually could've fed six).

The lamb came out perfectly tender and moist. The red wine gave it a great flavor. We also put in fresh rosemary and thyme. I loved the taste of the rosemary in it. It was perfect. I would definitely make this again.



No comments: