Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sticky Garlic Chicken Skewers


Well looky, looky this is our 100th post! It's by accident that I'm the one posting it but I think this calls for a celebration. Some more peanut butter pie perhaps? Just tell me when it's a good time for me to stop in and share some with you all.

This summer we inherited a grill from a neighbor and we can't get enough of it. Our weekly meal plans are based around what would be good on the grill. Today we stuffed ourselves with sticky garlic chicken skewers, roasted potatoes and corn on the cob. All we needed was some watermelon to top off the quintessential summer meal. I know that chicken kebabs were posted a month ago, but these are a little different and definitely worth a try.


Ingredients:
3 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp ketchup
4 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp hot pepper sauce (optional)
3 skinless, boneless chicken strips cut into chunks
salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients except the chicken in a Ziploc bag to create a marinade. Toss in the chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Skewer and grill. Easy peasy. Make sure your skewers soak for at least 20 minutes before you put them on the grill or their burn.

Oh and by the way, aren't my photos magazine worthy? I think I'll take up photography since I'm so obviously good at it.

PS Oh yeah, this is Melanie B.

No comments: