Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Deanna's Chocolate Pie


Wow! Things have been pretty busy for me lately (as I'm sure they are for everyone). I feel so guilty that the one and only time I've posted on Delish was on my selection week! Then I just silently stood by and read about all your pretty Baked creations, trying without success to fit something in.

Well, I finally got to one - I know, I know, it's a week late, but I'm happy I got around to it. This chocolate pie is very good. It's light and creamy. I brought it to a dinner with some friends who are helping me with some wedding details. Everyone loved it!

The only substitution I made was, like Cami, to use vanilla extract instead of a vanilla bean in the whipped cream. Those beans are super-expensive! I love baking with them and really should find some way of buying them in bulk from Mexico or something but, for now, I'll save my $6 thanks ;) I also dusted the top of the pie with some milk chocolate shavings. You can't really taste them, but it looks pretty. If you're interested, you can see my blog post about this pie on my blog Occasional Sugar here. There's a couple more photos.

2 comments:

acandiedapple said...

Yay! I'm so glad someone tried this. I love the look of the chocolate shavings on top. I wanted to do something similar but accidentally used all my chocolate. Oops. :)

Danielle said...

Sorry I didn't make it Cami. I have to admit that as much as I love chocolate, for some reason chocolate pie doesn't interest me that much. Maybe some day I'll be in the mood for it and I'll try it.