Monday, August 24, 2009

Chipotle Cheddar Biscuits

I know an awesome picture on an awesome paper plate.

I decided on this recipe because I am a sucker for anything with chipotle and cheese. Since the first time I looked through this book it stuck out to me. Well, since I am pretty spacey I thought last week was my turn so I made them last week and they turned out horrible. They were flat like a cookie. When I went back through the recipe I don't think my error was in the amount of the ingredients. The two things I ignored was to use "tightly packed" cheese and I didn't notice the part where it said not to over mix the dough with the buttermilk. I am not a very experienced cook so I have no idea if this is what caused it, but maybe it did so the moral of the story is read the recipe.

Anywho, once I realized I had another week I decided I would try again. It went better this time, but I am not as big a fan as I thought I would be. I love spicy so I didn't mind how hot these are, but if you don't like spice I would recommend use less chipotle. Also I don't think these are really a breakfast food it would accompany a soup or salad better. I think these would be great with a chili, so probably more of a winter, fall food. Although I did not like them my 2 year old son, Lucas, ate two biscuits, my husband ate a few, and my house guest, LuAnn's husband, ate few. So I guess my expectations were too high. Bottom line I am 50/50 on whether I will make them again.
These are my first try, Chipotle Cheddar Cookies

Now for the questions:

Do you have any pet peeves? I have a ton and can't think right now, but the one I can think of is poor customer service.

Any other hobbies besides being an amazing cook? This is sad, but I love to watch tv, read, sewing, knitting (because I can watch tv while I do it)

What is your favorite summer activity? Going to the beach or swimming

Are you a morning or a night person? Neither, I am a middle of the day person.

Are you a go-go-go sight-seeing kind of vacationer or lie-on-the-beach-all-day kind of vacationer? A little of both. If there is a beach there I want to lie on the beach for at least one day.

What is your favorite store? Gap, Banana Republic... I have worked there for 12 years so it is easy to shop. Plus I get 50% off. If I didn't have the discount I would say Nordstrom for shoes and Anthropologie for clothes and Target for everything else.

What is your favorite beverage? Lately I have been loving Brazilian Lemonade, but the old favorite is Dr. Pepper

If you had to go back to school, what would your major be?
I couldn't decide while I was in school so I am not sure now. Maybe one of the hundreds I considered while I was in college: Chemistry, Business, Economics, History , Sociology, Fashion Merchandising, Engineering, Dietetics... I have lots of interests I better just get a library card.

No comments: