Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Melanie W.'s Peanut Ginger Chicken

I wasn't going to make this at first, then those who made it said so many great things about it that I decided to give it a try.

I is really good! I marinated my chicken pieces for 24 hours and it turned out really tender. I halved the marinade recipe and it was perfect for the amount of chicken I used. It was really nice doing most of the prep work the night before, so making the rest was fast. I cooked mine on skewers in the oven for about 10 minutes. I didn't save any marinade to put on afterwards, but I didn't need to because the sauce was thick and enough stayed on during cooking.

My sauce was on the spicy side because my chili sauce was pretty hot. We didn't mind though because the cool fruit salsa complimented it really well. I used strawberry, kiwi, and pear in my salsa. I'd like to try peaches and/or avocado next time.

No comments: