Sunday, April 25, 2010

Classic Sugar Cookies


This week's recipe is the Classic Sugar Cookies on page 148. I love sugar cookies. These were simple and easy to make. They are a nice, chewy cookie with a delicious lemon glaze. A lot of sugar cookie recipes make a ton and I get so tired of cutting out shapes. This was the perfect amount of dough.

Recipe notes: I didn't want to wait 4 hours for the dough to cool in the fridge so I put it in the freezer for about an hour. I think they turned out great. I did as the recipe suggested and piped the frosting with a small tip. If you don't have a piping bag you can just use a gallon size baggie and cut a hole in the corner.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Now this is really ironic because I JUST made sugar cookies last night. I might make this and bake a few cookies and keep the rest of the dough in the freezer. Or maybe it'll have to wait till next time I want sugar cookies. We'll see.