Friday, March 12, 2010

Danielle's Indian Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes



Like Melanie, my husband claims to not like cauliflower. I've always liked it so I cook with it occasionally, and basically, Max eats whatever I make for dinner. Max actually said he really liked this dish and would be happy to eat it if I made it again.

I liked it, but I can't say I really loved it. I mean, it tasted good. But realistically, I don't see it being a favorite that I'll make over and over. I think it needs a sauce or something. As is, it seems like more of a side dish. But I appreciate any good vegetarian meal, so I might try this again and make up some kind of sauce.

If any of you are interested, I made some homemade naan to go with it that was quite good. The whole process takes a long time (longer than other breads I've made), but there's a lot of down time in between (for rising) that you could be doing other things so it's not too bad. I stuck with the lower end of all the time ranges and it took me about 3.5 hours start to finish.

Here's the recipe: Snowshoe Naan

2 comments:

acandiedapple said...

This looks really good. I think I will save the naan recipe and give it a whirl sometime soon. Jason says the same thing about cauliflower. Huh. Maybe it's a husband thing.

Melanie said...

that's impressive you made homemade naan. I definitely bought mine at the store. :)