Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cami's Tuscaloosa Tollhouse Pie

I decided to make these into 4 inch tarts instead of a whole pie. It is easier to freeze and eat later than a whole pie. I think I have this mini obsession with small, individual serving desserts.

This was good, but not as good as I would have liked. I think the crust is confusing. I so heavily associate this crust with fruit pie that it seems weird to basically put a chocolate chip cookie inside. I think a graham cracker crust would be better. The inside of the pie was really good. Like a large, very gooey chocolate chip cookie. The recipe says to add chocolate chips to the top so you have a chocolate top but I kind of like it like this. Plus, I ran out of chocolate chips.

I accidentally made the whole pie crust recipe and am glad I did because it will be good with apple or cherry pie in the future.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I was planning on making this pie today, and I'd thought about a graham cracker crust instead. Then I thought maybe I should stick to the recipe and give the traditional pie crust a shot. But now I think I will go with the graham cracker crust.

acandiedapple said...

Oh good. Please try the graham cracker crust. I would love to know how that tastes.