Friday, November 6, 2009

LuAnn's makin' whoopie pies with pumpkin

Oh whoops...was that inappropriate? Couldn't resist.

I made these a few weeks ago so I'll just post about them. I got my pumpkin puree from a real live pumpkin rather than a can and per the link Danielle gave us they said to put foil over it to keep it moist. I did so and boy was it ever moist! I think I could have decreased the oil by 1/8 to 1/4 cup. I usually love pumpkin and I thought they tasted good, but I didn't really want more than a couple and the rest sat for a few days. I was hoping for better I guess.

I did sure love having pumpkin puree around, however. I put it in some of my whole wheat oatmeal pancakes, whipped up some homemade buttermilk syrup and it just might have been the best things I've eaten all month. I had 2 pumpkins after Halloween was over and I now have a stash of pumpkin puree in my freezer. Lucky me!

P.S. Can I indulge myself and mention how cute my little Jack is and that he loves "punkins." It's the funniest thing. He sees one and he must hold it, roll it around, and say "punkin, punkin, punkin." But, of course, he won't eat it. I love my little Punkin.

No comments: