Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Deanna's Butternut Squash Pasta

I tried and I tried, but I could not get a good photo out of this. So here is my post, sans photo. Oh well. I chose this recipe because I've been weakly attempting Weight Watchers and it's one I tried out for a dinner party a few weeks back. I liked it. It's very healthy with the whole grains and the full veggie serving in the squash. Plus, it kind of looks like mac and cheese. The ricotta adds a richness that tricks you into thinking you are not eating diet food and the walnuts add a little something extra. I definitely recommend it for someone looking for some comfort food on the healthy side :)

Now on to the questions...

Do you have any pet peeves?
I have WAY too many! Many of them have to do with table manners. Loud chewing or chewing with your mouth open, or talking with your mouth full. Those get me the worst.

Any other hobbies besides being an amazing cook?
I love to snowboard and play softball and I play the piano and love to travel.

What is your favorite summer activity?
I like to spend as much time at my parent's cabin as possible, heading out to Lake Alpine and floating all day on a raft in the water.

Are you a morning or a night person?
Not sure. I don't get up early, just early enough to make it to work. And I go to be early too. I guess I'm the type of person who loves my sleep and is most productive in the early afternoon.

Are you a go-go-go vacationer or a lie-on-the-beach vacationer?
Depends on the destination but mostly, I like to relax.

What is your favorite store?
Probably Urban Outfitters. If I had money to burn, I'd it burn there!

What is your favorite beverage?
If I'm splurging, it's going to be on a soy latte. I mostly just drink water though.

If you had to go back to school, what would your major be?
I really loved my major (Music), the classes, the department, the students. I don't think I'd change it, even though I've never found a job in the industry.

No comments: