Thursday, November 11, 2010

Melanie's Southern Biscuits


Let me first say that I usually hate making any sort of bread. Whatever I make usually never turns out right for me! Luckily, these were so easy to make that there really wasn't any way they could have gone wrong.  

I made mine 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 inch wide, and I got 12 from the recipe. The only thing I'd do differently next time is cook them about 3 minutes less. They were in the oven about 17-18 minutes, and I should have stuck closer to 15 minutes because they turned out slightly too crispy. Still, they puffed up nicely and tasted great with the beef stew I made.

1 comment:

Maren said...

It made me happy to read your post! I'm not very good with regular bread either so I resort to quick breads a lot. :) My mom always served hers with beef stew too--it's one of my favorite winter dinner combinations.