Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Crispy Bars

2979417084_7e19b490b7
because of my poor photography skills, I opted to borrow this photo from Smitten Kitchen

I'm sorry that this posting is a little late. I'm blaming the Olympics. I'm admitting my addiction right here, right now and I'm not ashamed. I am slightly ashamed that I've already eaten half a pan of these bars (pg 133) already even though the Baked Note is that they're "best served in small portions."

A few notes:
- I didn't have a candy thermometer so I just kind of eyed the cooking sugar/water combo and I didn't cook it long enough so the rice cereal isn't sticking together all that great.
- I didn't use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. I used the microwave. I am lazy.
- I just used Cadbury chocolate bars for the good-quality stuff. Works for me.

I kind of think because of my lazy and cheap ways that the fellows of Baked might want me off this blog.

Oh, and this is Melanie B. and I like you.

1 comment:

acandiedapple said...

I like to think of your lazy and cheap ways as helpful shortcuts for the rest of us!