Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cami's S'more Nut Bars

These were really good. I think they were almost everything I had hoped for. The graham cracker crust was honestly the best I've ever made. It seemed to hold together better than those I've made in the past. I guess adding brown sugar is the secret. Any time I need to make a graham cracker crust, I'm going to use this recipe.

I really like the chocolate. I think it is the perfectly smooth consistency and just the right amount of bitterness. I love dark chocolate though. Thanks to Melissa's suggestion I added more marshmallows. I think I added 12 or 13 and could have added 1 or 2 more I think. I liked the marshmallow chunks but I can see how gooey marshmallows would be good as well. In order to do that I think I would add the marshmallows to the chocolate before you add the boiling cream so they melt a little. Maybe next time I'll try that.

These cut very nicely and would be great for a picnic or potluck. They would also make a nice ending to a lunch date.

No comments: