Monday, August 17, 2009

Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet

Time to change things up a bit...how about cooking with shrimp? Before trying out this recipe I had never worked with shrimp and found it suprisingly easy and fun to do something new. It's one of our favorite meals now. I actually buy pre-cooked shrimp because that's my only option and it turns out just fine. I recommend having some people over for this one cause it makes a bunch!

I'm planning on making this in a few days so I'll be posting my pictures later. Good luck!

Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet
From Taste of Home (my favorite cookbook ever!)

INGREDIENTS

1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 cups half-and-half cream
1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed

DIRECTIONS

Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Reduce heat; add the shrimp, jalapeno pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir in noodles; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Now for the questions:

Do you have any pet peeves? People scraping their fork with their teeth
Any other hobbies besides being an amazing cook? Digital Scrapbooking, Drawing, Photography
What is your favorite summer activity? Shopping, being out later and it's still light, camping
Are you a morning or a night person? Would love to be a morning person but I have a tendency to stay up late cause there's so much I can get done at night
Are you a go-go-go sight-seeing kind of vacationer or lie-on-the-beach-all-day kind of vacationer? Both. I love relaxing but it's fun to do things too
What is your favorite store? Maurices, Walmart, Aldi's (I think I have a problem with the concept of the word favorite).
What is your favorite beverage? Cream slushes from Sonic
If you had to go back to school, what would your major be? Ha ha ha. Ha. Ha.
I'm still in school, probably will be until I die. I take online classes through an independent study program. It's going slowly..very slowly...but I am enjoying learning.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am not in your group, but I follow the blog for fun.

I tried this recipe and it is so yum!