Monday, August 10, 2009

BAKED!


We just got back from our awesome trip to New York City! We had to make a stop by Baked, of course, and try many of their tasty things.

The bakery was everything the book makes it out to be; very "fashion-forward" and the like. We took two friends with us so we got to try several different items. They had several things that aren't in the cookbook and didn't have everything that is included in the book, but that was not really surprising as they can't have everything all the time. Below you can see the Lemon-lemon loaf, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Banana Chocolate Chip, and others.

Below are the Monster Cookies on the far right and Marshmallows on the far left.
I loved their decor, matched the book perfectly. My only sadness was that they were selling autographed cookbooks there and ours, of course, isn't autographed.


We tried the Lemon-lime bar, two Grasshopper bars, the Sweet and Salty cupcake, and the Malted Milk Ball cupcake. My evil plan was to try the Sweet and Salty without going through the 8 hours of making it. It was good but I don't think it's worth the time commitment, plus it was a little too salty for my taste. I think my favorite was the Grasshopper bar. That one isn't in the cookbook, unfortunately. It was amazing. I was pleasantly surprised that their prices were pretty reasonable, our total bill was $12. Each bar was about $3 and each cupcake was $1.50. Especially compared to the other places we visited in New York, this was a great deal.

We actually were able to talk to one of the bosses, though he wasn't Matt or Renato. I think he was a manager or something, I'm not sure, but he was super friendly and he even gave us a brownie for free as we were about to leave. (We didn't need it after the huge amount of calories that we had just consumed, but I thought it was really nice of him.)


We had a great time. I definitely recommend visiting if you're ever in New York.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm jealous! We want to make a trek to Baked sometime, but I don't know that we'll be going to NY anytime soon. Too bad you didn't get to meet either of the Baked guys. I was hoping they're in there regularly so I could meet them when we go. Oh well. They're probably too big for that now. :)

Melissa said...

Looks so yummy. I am jealous on so many levels. Glad you were able to make it there.

Cami said...

I am also jealous! How awesome. I want to go to NY sometime next year when we're in DC. I will definitely go there. I'm surprised by the prices. The bakeries around here sell cupcakes for around $2.50.

Melanie W. said...

I think it's so awesome you were able to go there! And like everyone else, I am indeed jealous. :)