Monday, April 6, 2009

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Glaze.

My decision for the recipe this week is inspired by my sister-in-law who has Celiac Disease. She is allergic to anything that has gluten in it (wheat, barley, or rye) so it is very hard for her to find good food to eat. I'm really excited to try this cake partly because of her but also because it sounds very chocolatey...something I love.

This recipe does require a spring form pan. It may be fine to not use one, I'm not sure, but if anyone wants to borrow mine, you are welcome to (except for when I make mine.)

As for the questions...

When did you start baking / cooking?
I have been cooking for a long time. My cousins and I used to have "cooking shows" in our kitchen with commercials advertising ingredients we were using and everything. Baking has not been a regular hobby, but in the last few months I have really started baking a lot. It makes me happy.

What is your favorite kitchen tool?
Probably my cheese grater...I use it often. What can I say, I love cheese!

Do you have a favorite spice? If so, what is it?
Cinnamon has to be one of the best.

What is your favorite book?
The Harry Potter series is awesome, as is Believing Christ. I know, very similar...

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
So many places! Top on my list right now is Disneyland, Disney World, New York City, Europe, and the Holy Land. Basically, I think that there are so many places that are so beautiful and I want to see all of them.

If you had to change your first name right now, what would you change it to?
Frederica. At least that's what Jonathan's always saying our next child will be. :)

Where do you currently live?
Chicago, Illinois

If you could eat one thing for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Cereal. We pretty much do that anyway (okay, that's a little bit of an exaggeration.) But seriously, cereal is pretty good.

1 comment:

Melanie W. said...

It does sound yummy! I don't think I've ever had flourless cake. I won't be making this one though, as I don't have a spring form pan. Don't think I've used one of those either!