Friday, April 10, 2009

Chelsea's Lemon Lemon Loaf and Curry

So, I don't know if it's a major breech of etiquette, but I'm going to post pictures of some past recipes that I didn't have a chance to make at the time.

First, the Lemon Lemon Loaf:


This was really good. It had a very tangy flavor and was very rich. We tried it with ice cream the second night we ate it but I think it is better alone. I think it tasted best the first night and then slightly lessened in quality. It was fun to make, though, and my husband absolutely loved it! (Always a plus.) Oh, and I don't know how in the world the rest of you got enough lemon zest. I grated for a half hour and only came up with about a third of the amount we were supposed to use. It still had plenty of zing, though. I will probably make this again, for special occasions.

As for the Coconut Chicken Curry:


This was really good, though I had two disappointments. One was that we couldn't taste the coconut at all. The second (which may have caused the first) was that I put a little too much cayenne pepper in which made it pretty hot. Something that I loved, though, was the potato. I think it added that hearty flavor and texture that everyone talked about. I've never had potato in a curry before, and I think it was a great addition. I love how healthy and well rounded this meal was. I will definitely make it again!

*Oh, and I will be posting the Chocolate cake soon. We're serving it for Easter dinner, so I haven't made it yet.

1 comment:

Melanie W. said...

I'm very happy you were able to make both of these! And glad you liked the chicken curry. :)